Tuesday, February 15, 2011

" I rock"

Trying to create a rich, creative environment for our little bean sometimes proves difficult. Especially, when I have other things on the brain, such as trying to restructure my profesional profile. This, compounded with reading the same books over and over can sometimes tax the most patient of individuals. Today, when Ladybug asked me to read the Three Little Pigs for the millionth time, I suggested that we act it out instead. This turned out to be a real winner as she wanted to do it again and again.

She liked it so much, we acted out Mo Willems' book Watch Me Throw the Ball. In this story, Piggie wants to throw the ball, which is owned by Gerald the elephant. Gerald is more focused on technique and distance whereas the pig just wants to live in the moment and enjoy herself. In our version, Ladybug played the Pig, and I was Gerald. When Piggie throws the ball, which actually lands behind her, she cannot see where it has landed. As such, she concludes that she threw it very far and proceeds to engage in a celebratory dance letting out the whoop las, etc. Needless to say, Piggie is proud of herself and proceeds to pat herself on the back "Woo, Woo! Who rocks? The Pig rocks!" In our version, when Ladybug threw the ball behind her, she started yelling, " I rock" and then proceeded to grab her her rocking chair, park her buns there, and then rocked like there was no tomorrow. Talk about living in the moment, I certainly learn alot from this kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment