Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Feeling Overwhelmed . . .

I am in search of some inspiration. At the present moment, by husband is about to lose his job; I am beginning the job search as well as entertaining the idea of returning for the FNP in efforts to add to the stability of our family.

I have been looking for a sign of sorts, something to point me concretely in the direction that I should choose.  Alas, I have not been able to discern a clear answer. What I do not want to do is to make a decision based on fear. I want to make a decision based on joy and enthusiasm, a search for a new adventure that provides a level of mindfulness that I can embody and be with my family.

So time is ticking and I need to write a compelling personal statement as to why I am qualified to be admitted to XYZ University for a post-master's certificate. Forget the fact that I obtained my original NP degree from them. Forget the fact that I have already gone back for a second certification at this institution. What I am concerned about is the fact that I left the doctoral program and that they may not want to re-admit me.

I need a story as to why I want to add the pediatric component to my already Adult and Women's Health Care Certification. The one word answer  simply is BRIDGE. Bridge. I believe that as an FNP, I would be a more effective bridge, a bridge between parents and children; a bridge between educational systems and health care; a bridge between the perceived self and the authentic one.


No comments:

Post a Comment