Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nutella and other odds and ends.

I love Nutella! Nutella, this lovely, chocolate hazelnut spread was introduced to me by my husband. I really cannot say enough about it. When I am having an off day, D may try and sweeten me up by giving me a bit. Somedays, this would take a full jar.

Three days ago, I was having such a day. D and Ladybug and I were finishing dinner when the Nutella emerged. Ladybug, having herboth her dad and mom's good taste, also enjoys this wonderful substance and so D was making us mini Nutella sandwiches. Well, the Nutella worked. No sooner had I finished my sandwiches that I felt calm and generous. I wanted to share my appreciation to D and decided to rub his shoulders. Unfortunately, Nutella is not the cleanest of substances and so in rubbing his shoulders, some of the Nutella was transferred to his shirt.

Me: Oops. Umm, D., I think that I got a little bit of Nutella on your back.
D: Why doesn't that surprise me?
Ladybug: Nice job, Mom
Me: (Incredulous) Excuse me, Ladybug, what did you say?
Ladybug: Nice job, Mom.

Sarcasm has begun already. I think I need a few more parenting books and another jar of Nutella!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladybug is going through this hitting phase as of late. That and a truly, "make me" sort of attitude. Needless to say, I have been warned that this is nothing compared to her future adolescence. I have tried numerous tactics: holding and nursing; time out; ignoring the behavior; acting sad. As it stands, I may just have to bury myself in some more Nutella.

No comments:

Post a Comment