Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why?

Well, it has begun. The "Whys". It really was amazing. One day, we did not have any 'why'. The next day, there it was. With each passing day, we notice it more and more frequently.

Case and Point:
D went for a run the other day. He was getting ready to hit the shower when Ladybug asked him what he was doing. He informed her that he indeed was going to take a shower.
Ladybug: Why?
D: Well, I went for a run.
Ladybug: Why?
D: Well, Daddy does that sometimes.
Ladybug: Why shower?
D: Well, I am stinky and I need to get clean.
Ladybug: Stinky? (There was a very long pause here).

I thought this was the end of this conversation. However, a bit later, Ladybug asked me if I needed a shower so I wouldn't be stinky anymore. Now mind you, I did not think that I was stinky, but it certainly gave me pause, a moment to contemplate if I really did stink.
A few days later, she informed me that she was washing her babies so they wouldn't be stinky. Needless to say, stinky has become a fun word in our house.

-------------------------------

We have a new addition to our family. Her name is Diaper Dan (short for Danielle).
Diaper Dan isn't really a person, but a character that I play. She really emerged out of frustration one day when Ladybug did not want her very messy diaper changed. She is sort of this super hero like character who has a matter-of-fact attitude. At any rate, Ladybug did not want her diaper changed and was beginning to throw one of her world class tantrums when Diaper Dan popped out of the bathroom and said in a loud voice: THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR DIAPER DAN! Anyhow, there is a certain look that goes with Diaper Dan and Ladybug think this is hilarious. "Again." she says, giggling. How can I not comply? So after a few re-introductions to Diaper Dan, Ladybug got her diaper changed and now we have this new member to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment