Sunday, January 10, 2010

Welcome to the World of Why

We are there: In the World of Why!

Ladybug has just crossed the threshold into this wide, vast, wonderful world: Why, why, why? I have to admit, we really are in the early throes of such an amazing place, I am at wondering if I have all of the tools to navigate this foreign territory.

Today, was the last day of the Christmas Season. As such, we took our Christmas tree down on Friday night. Ladybug was so puzzled.
Ladybug: Why take down Christmas tree?
Me: Because it is the end of the Christmas Season.
Ladybug: Christmas Season?
Me: Christmas Season (Now, I should have perhaps re-explained to her that this is the time when we celebrate Jesus' birthday, but I really was not too keen on traversing that path that close to bedtime.)
Ladybug: Get a new one?
Me: Yes, next year when we celebrate Christmas we will get a new one.
Ladybug: Why take down Christmas tree?

And so it went . The third time around, I was fumbling in the files of my head, searching for some wise parenting answer that I might have picked up from one of the many parenting books that I am reading. Finally, I realized that I had it.

Me: Why do you think that we are taking down the Christmas tree, Ladybug?
Ladybug: (Running to the kitchen )- Daddy, where are you?

Well, until next time. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment